Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Must we let EVERYONE in?

I was driving to work today ... pondering the agenda for the day.

Oh, my, what will I teach today and how will I align myself to the teaching standards required by the state of California, that I am a teacher who "encourages the highest achievement of every student, by defining the knowledge, concepts, and skills that students should acquire?"

All this before I've even finished my caffeine for the morning ... by the by.

And while in that state of contemplation (well, really, state of PANIC!), I noticed the car in front of me stopping frequently, allowing entry to EVERY single freaking car waiting by the side, seeking said entry into our lane.

Questions:  who appointed this person judge to those attempting to merge?  I can understand allowing one car, perhaps two ...but five?

I thought it a great metaphor ... should we let everyone who revs their motor into our lives?

Similar thoughts occurred to me when I was bombarded with friend requests via Facebook not too long ago.

A friend, I wrote, is:  1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. 2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter.  3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: 4.a member of the same nation, party, etc.

I asked those that wished to befriend me ... is that we are?  

Do I let you into my life?

If so, are you prepared for the commitment?

Do I ask too much of people?  Perhaps the subject of another blog ...
My mind tends to go off on these tangents.  

Ask my beloved.  He once asked me, "what made you think of that?"  

I regaled him with a path of destiny, of twists and turns, of this-to-that-and-then-there stepping stones ... all of which took place in about 30 seconds give or take ...within the labyrinth of my mind.

Welcome to my world.  

How was your morning?


No comments:

Post a Comment